Thursday, October 13, 2011

QUESTION FROM A 7 YEAR OLD GIRL ABOUT A NEW GIRL BEING MEAN TO HER.


QUESTION: I'm 7 and I’m in 2nd grade. There is a girl in my class that’s new in our school. She’s kind of mean and calls me and my friend’s names like “dummy” and she calls my friend “fatso”.  I really don’t know what to do. I’m kind of a quiet kid and I don’t usually speak up for myself.

ANSWER:  It’s important to learn to speak up for yourself and your friends too. You can’t just let other people treat you in a mean way.
When kids are new in a school they don’t feel very settled and sometimes don’t know how to make friends. You could try to be her friend and include her.  If that doesn’t work you have to make her stop being mean to you.
 In my school and most every classroom there is a sign that's on the wall.  It says:
1. Ignore
2. Say to the person "please stop".
3. Tell the teacher.
If you do that and it doesn’t work try it again.  Say, “STOP!  Now I’m getting very mad. If you keep doing it I’ll get madder and madder.  Then tell the person “I will tell my mom.  I will tell the teacher and I will tell the office at dismissal.”
I’m sorry that someone is hurting your feelings. Don’t let that keep happening!  I hope this helps you.

No comments:

Post a Comment