Wednesday, September 21, 2011

QUESTION FROM A MOM OF A 7 YEAR OLD GIRL.

QUESTION:  Hi Alyssa.  My daughter is 7 and she’s really upset about PE class at school.  She’s always saying, “I’m really bad at PE.  I hate when we have it because everyone else is so good.  I can’t run fast and I can’t catch a ball.  I wish I could do it better.”  On days she has PE, she is so sad and she doesn’t want to go to school. 

ANSWER:  Some other kids in her class probably want to do some things that she can do.  Try to tell her about the things that she can do and how good she is at them.  I wasn’t that fast at running or catching a ball when I was in second grade so I played catch with my dad to learn how to catch balls better.  I ran across the yard a couple times a day until I learned to run faster.  She should run across the yard and play catch too and she’ll get better at it and that might make her feel better. I hope this helps her!

No comments:

Post a Comment