Friday, September 30, 2011

ALYSSA'S 5 YEAR OLD FAN!


PARENT QUESTION: Hi Alyssa!  My daughter is 5 and I would say that she’s gotten “addicted” to you! She loves your dog and every day she asks me to read what Alyssa said! I had read some of the questions from parents and your answers as a way of teaching her and now she wants to look after school each day to see what you wrote!
She’s just learning to read and I saw your comment the other day about the books you suggested for someone who is 7.  Do you remember any of your favorites when you were 5?  She would love you to answer this to her and tell her why it’s important to read and some of your favorites.  Her name is Samantha.  Thanks so much Alyssa.  I really love all that you write and your advice is wonderful!

ANSWER: Hi Samantha, thank you for loving the things I write!
It’s important to read because reading is EVERYTHING! It’s math, its science, its social studies, it’s for learning to play an instrument.  Reading is reading and it’s in everything!  The more you read the more you love it!
When I was 5 the books that I liked were Junie B. Jones (all of them!!!),  books that were #3 readers (that’s on the top corner of a lot of books), Fancy Nancy, Splat the Cat, Amelia Bedelia, Miss Nelson is Missing, all of the Don’t Let the Pigeon books, Knuffle Bunny, Henry and Mudge, Olivia, Diary of a Worm, Diary of a Fly, Diary of a Spider, Angelina Ballerina & Five Little Monkeys Jumping on the Bed.
I hope you like some of the books!

No comments:

Post a Comment